Special Episode: Derek Miller from Genius Lab Gear on the Lab Coat Project
What if our lab coats were more scientist-friendly? What if we transformed them to be safer? On this special episode of Let’s Talk Chemistry, hosts Yeongseo Son and Olivia Lambertson interview Derek Miller, the founder of Genius Lab Gear. He shares with us about the launch of their new product—the lab coat project, and how it will address the needs of scientists. If you like to know more about Genius Lab Gear, you can check out their site.
LAB COAT GIVEAWAY INFORMATION: Want to win a lab coat designed by 1000 scientists? The Lab Coat Project by @geniuslabgear crowdsourced the design of this new lab coat to solve the most common problems scientists face, with more than half the data coming from chemists like you! The crowdfunding campaign needs to hit 600 lab coats in 6 weeks, starting on August 31st. But we’re giving away one “Louis” or “Curie” lab coat following the rules below!
What makes this lab coat different?
Data-driven crowdsourced design on features AND fit. Every feature and size is thoroughly tested.
100% cotton, softened and stain-resistant fibers, compatible with most general chemistry labs.
Men’s and Women’s fits, adjustable belt, and flexible back to fit more body types.
5 pockets, 3 tool loops, zippered side vents, and a convertible collar!
One (1) "Louis" or “Curie” Lab Coat from Genius Lab Gear and One (1) Pocket Protector (+ free shipping)
Check https://geniuslabgear.com/lcp to see more details about the new lab coats!
1. Follow @geniuslabgear and @chemtalk on Instagram
2. Like, save, and comment on the Instagram giveaway post tagging one friend to spread the giveaway. Each comment represents one entry to the giveaway, so feel free to comment several times !!!
3. Share this post in your Stories tagging @geniuslabgear and @chemtalk to receive an additional entry on the giveaway.
4. The giveaway will close on August 30, 2023, at 12 PM EST. Winners will be randomly selected, announced on August 31, 2023, and contacted by Instagram DM.
5. The Lab Coat Project will open for crowdfunding pre-orders on August 31st at 2 PM EST. If the pre-order does not meet its goal of 600 lab coats by October 15th, winners will be contacted by Instagram DM and Genius Lab Gear will offer them a $50 (USD) voucher for their online shop (shipment cost is not included in the voucher). Lab coats will ship approximately 5 months after the pre-order goal is met (~February 2024).
6. No restrictions on the country of the winner. Shipping is free but you may have to pay import duties.
About us: ChemTalk is a small student-led and ad-free non-profit working to become the top chemistry education platform in the country. Please support us by following our social media channels, sharing our content, and donating if possible. You can access our website for videos, articles, and tutorials on general, organic, and biochemistry. We also have a VERY cool interactive periodic table, articles about the elements and their properties, and experiment demos. ChemTalk is on TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter which you can access here. Thank you for listening and see you next time!